ad

Boko Haram slaughter over 90 people in Borno

Members of Islamist group, Boko Haram, have been believed to be behind brutal attack on a village in north east Nigeria that saw the slaughtering of scores of civilians

Suspected Boko Haram Islamists killed more than 100 people in an attack on a village in Nigeria, a local senator said on Sunday.

The attackers stormed the village in Nigeria’s restive northeastern Borno state on Saturday, slaughtering scores of civilians and sending many others fleeing.

“A hundred and six people, including an old woman, have been killed by the attackers, suspected to be Boko Haram gunmen,” Senator Ali Ndume said.

“Sixty of the dead have been buried while the rest are awaiting burial,” he added, saying the attacks in the area were becoming “deadlier and more frequent by the day.”

The raid took place on Saturday in the mostly Christian village of Izghe in Borno, which has been under emergency rule since May last year in a bid to stop an Islamist rebellion that has claimed thousands of lives since 2009.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.