ad

Fire sends couple to early grave

A fire incident in the early hours of Saturday claimed the lives of a couple, Raymond and Florence Avaan in Akphehe,  Makurdi, Benue State

One of the tenants Prince Chile Matter  who survived but lost all his property to the inferno stated that the cause of the fire which started after 12 midnight has not been ascertained but said a sudden power surge from the public source may have sparked the inferno.

Late Raymond who hails from Gwer local government area of the  State was a teacher with the Anglican Nursery and Primary School, High Level, Makurdi while his wife, a Nasarawa State indigene was also a school teacher in that state.

Until his death the Raymond was a prominent community leader who organized a thrift and loans scheme and was also Secretary of the Electrification Committee in the area.

The police have removed the remains of the couple to the Federal Medical Center, Makurdi.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.