Ogun state: Fire guts parts of Governor’s office

Fire broke out at the Oke Mosan Governor’s office, and destroyed a section of the protocols office and parts of that of the Head of Service.

The fire incident which began about 11 am Monday, was said to have been triggered by a power surge.

Civil servants who were in their offices scampered to safety even as some of them made frantic efforts to stop the fire, but it was eventually put off some minutes later by the State Fire Service and  some operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps(NSCDC).

Items affected by the fire included some Computer sets, files, furnitures and window panes.

Governor Ibikunle Amosun who inspected the places torched by the fire expressed joy that no life was lost.

Amosun: “as you can see, there was no major loss, no life was lost and we had no human causality, you too can go and see for yourself to confirm what happened there.”

Also speaking, the Head of Service, Mrs Modupe Adekunle said that the cause of fire is traceable to faulty electrical appliances.

She said: “It was a power surge from the air conditioner. It came suddenly. There were some Officers in that Office, so when they saw it, they tried all means to put off the fire.

“The only thing affected there was just some sets of computer. The cause of the fire might be from the Independent Power Supply or Public Power Supply since we do not have generator there, but we thanked God that the damage was very minimal.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.